Xiaomi has finally taken the wraps off its latest flagship smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi Note 2. The main highlight of the Mi Note 2 is its two sided or dual curved display. It features a 5.7-inch full OLED dual curved 3D curved display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution.
Under the hood, the Mi Note 2 packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor. It comes in two variants based on RAM and storage- one with 4GB RAM+64GB storage while other variant packs 6GB RAM+128GB storage.
On the camera front, the smartphone sports a 22.5 mega pixel primary camera with EIS. There is also an 8 mega pixel auto focus front facing camera for capturing selfies and making video calls.Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11a/c, Bluetooth, SAP GPS and NFC. The device comes with an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor for additional security. Backed up by a 4070mAh battery, the phone supports Quick Charge 3.0.
On design front, it flaunts its glass and metal design. The phone features 3D glass on front and the back which are held together by a metal frame.
Specifications & Features Of Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Processor: 2.35GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Lollipop with MIUI 8
- Display: 5.7-inch Full HD OLED 3D Dual Curved (1920×1080 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Rear Camera: 22.5 mega pixel with Sony IMX318 sensor, f/2.0 paerture, EIS, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel with Auto Focus
- Battery: 4070mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11a/c, Bluetooth, SAP GPS and NFC
- Color Options: Piano Black, Glacier Silver
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 carries a price tag of Rs. CNY 2799 (approximately Rs. 27,600) for the 4GB RAM+64GB storage varaint, CNY 3299 (approximately Rs. 32,555) for the 6GB RAM+128GB storage variant. The global variant with 6GB RAM+128GB storage is priced at CNY 3499 (approximately Rs. 34,500). It will be available to buy in China starting starting November 1, 2016.
Xiaomi has also introduced a glass VR for CNY 199 (approximately Rs. 1,960). It features a dedicated motion sensor and system-level optimizations for 16ms ultra-low latency that minimizes motion sickness in virtual reality.