After a numerous rumors and leaks about Xiaomi’s upcoming affordable device, Xiaomi has finally taken wraps off the more affordable version of Redmi 2 dubbed the Xiaomi Redmi 2A smartphone. Xiaomi has unveiled the handset on the occasion of its fifth anniversary alongside Mi Note (Pink Edition). The Redmi 2A is identical to Redmi 2 in specifications except that the former is powered by 1.5 GHz quad-core Cortex A7 Leadcore L1860C processor while the latter packs 64-bit 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor.
Rest of the specifications of the handset are similar to Redmi 2. Redmi 2A features a 4.7 inch IPS display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution and 312 ppi pixel density. It houses 1 GB RAM, 8 GB inbuilt memory (expandable up to 32 GB via microSD card), 8 mega pixel auto focus rear camera with LED flash, 2 mega pixel front facing camera and 2200 mAh battery. Connectivity options include 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS , AGPS and GLONASS.
Xiaomi Mi Note (Pink Edition) on the other hand is positioned towards women buyers in the smartphone markets. It is essentially the pink color variant of original Mi Note and packs identical specifications. It is powered by a 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor accompanied with 3 GB of RAM and features a 5.7 inch JDI full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels resolution) display. The phone sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera, 4 mega pixel front facing camera with large 2-micron pixels and 3000 mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0 technology. It will be available in 16 GB variant only. The company is also offering a 5000 mAh power bank with the device.
Key Features of Xiaomi Redmi 2A Smartphone
- Processor: 1.5 GHz quad-core Cortex A7 Leadcore L1860C
- Display: 4.7 inch HD IPS (1280 x 720 pixels resolution, 312 ppi pixel density)
- RAM: 1 GB
- ROM: 8 GB (Expandable up to 32 GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 8 mega pixel rear with auto focus, LED flash, BSI sensor
- Front Camera: 2 mega pixel
- Battery: 2200 mAh
- Connectivity: 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS , AGPS and GLONASS
Key Features of Xiaomi Mi Note (Pink Edition)
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- Display: 5.7 inch JDI full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 3 GB
- ROM: 16 GB
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel
- Front Camera: 4 mega pixel with large 2-micron pixels
- Battery: 3000 mAh
Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi 2A is priced at CNY 599 (around Rs. 6,000). It will be available for CNY 499 (around Rs. 5,000) on April 8 in China. The Xiaomi Mi Note (Pink Edition) is priced at CNY 2,499 (around Rs. 25,000). There is no word on availability of the handsets in markets outside China.