Xiaomi has launched its latest smartphone, called the Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro in China. It comes with same design and specifications as the Redmi 3 except a few differences that the Redmi 3 Pro packs 3GB of RAM, 32GB inbuilt storage and features a fingerprint scanner on the back. The Redmi 3 on the other hand, comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal memory. Rest of the specifications of the phone are identical to the Redmi 3 phone.
Under the hood, the Redmi 3 Pro is powered by a 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor coupled with Adreno 405 GPU. The phone runs Android Lollipop wrapped under MIUI 7.
It features a 5-inch HD display with 1280×720 pixels resolution. On camera front, the device sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera and a 5 mega pixel front facing camera. Backed up by a 4100mAh battery, it measures 139.3×69.6×8.5 mm and weighs 144 grams. Connectivity options which the phone offers, include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 and Bluetooth.
Specifications & Features Of Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 (quad 1.2GHz Cortex A53 + quad 1.5GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Operating System: Android Lollipop with MIUI 7
- Display: 5-inch HD IPS (1280×720 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with dual LED flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 4100mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 and Bluetooth
- Dimensions: 139.3×69.6×8.5 mm
- Weight: 144 grams
- Color Options: Gold, Grey and Silver
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Fingerprint scanner
Price & Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro is priced at CNY 899 (approximately Rs. 9,000) and will go on sale in China on April 6. There is no word on global roll out of the Redmi 3 Pro as of now. We expect to hear from the company about the same in the coming days.