Xiaomi has launched its budget smartphone, Xiaomi Redmi 4A, in the Indian market. To recall, the phone was first introduced in China in November 2016 alongside Xiaomi Redmi 4 and Redmi 4 Prime variant (Redmi 4 Pro Edition). In India, however, the company has launched only the Redmi 4A smartphone, which is the most basic of the three phones.
Under the hood, the Redmi 4A packs a 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor coupled with Adreno 308 GPU. Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8, it features a 5-inch HD IPS display with a resolution of 1280×720 pixels. The phone houses 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory. It supports expandable storage up to 128GB via microSD card.
On the camera front, the phone sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture and PDAF. There is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera with f/2.2 aperture. Backed by a 3120mAh battery, the hybrid dual SIM phone offers 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS as connectivity options. It measures 139.5×70.4×8.5 mm and weighs 131.5 grams. The phone also comes with an IR sensor that lets users control compatible appliances.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 425
- GPU: Adreno 308
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- Display: 5-inch HD IPS (1280×720 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture and PDAF
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 3120mAh
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- Dimensions: 139.5×70.4×8.5 mm
- Weight: 131.5 grams
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- IR sensor
Price & Availability
Priced at Rs. 5,999, the Redmi 4A will be available to buy exclusively from Amazon India and mi.com. It will go on sale starting March 23, 2017 (12 noon). It comes in Dark Grey, Gold and Rose Gold color options. The Rose Gold color variant of the phone will be available only from mi.com.