ZTE has announced its ZTE nubia Z9 at a press event in Beijing. The dual-SIM handset is powered by a 64-bit octa-core (quad 2GHz A57+ quad 1.5GHz A53) Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor paired with Adreno 430 GPU. Flaunting bezel-less design, it features a 5.2-inch full HD IPS (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D CGS display and runs Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system with nubia UI 3.0. On imaging front, it sports a 16 mega pixel rear camera with LED Flash, OIS and f/2.0 aperture. There is also an 8 mega pixel front-facing camera.
Connectivity options which nubia Z9 offers include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, and USB OTG. Backed up by 2900 mAh battery, it measures 147.4×68.3×8.9 mm and weighs 192 grams.
Based on RAM and inbuilt storage, it will be available in three variants- Classic Edition comes with 3GB RAM and 32GB inbuilt storage, the Elite Edition features 4GB RAM and 64GB inbuilt storage. The Top Edition comes equipped with 4GB RAM, 64GB inbuilt storage and fingerprint sensor.
Features and Specifications of ZTE nubia Z9
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core (quad 2GHz A57+ quad 1.5GHz A53) Qualcomm Snapdragon 810
- GPU: Adreno 430
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop with nubia UI 3.0
- Display: 5.2-inch full HD IPS (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D CGS
- RAM: 3GB/4GB
- ROM: 32GB/64GB
- Rear Camera: 16 mega pixel f/2.0 with LED Flash, OIS, Sony IMX234 Exmor RS sensor
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel with Sony IMX179 Exmor R BSI sensor
- Battery: 2900 mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, and USB OTG
- Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
Price and Availability
Pricing details of ZTE nubia Z9 are as follows:
- Classic Edition (3GB RAM, 32GB inbuilt storage): CNY 3499 (Rs. 35,000 approximately)
- Elite Edition (4GB RAM, 64GB inbuilt storage): CNY 3999 (Rs. 40,000 approximately)
- Top Edition (4GB RAM, 64GB inbuilt storage, fingerprint sensor): CNY 4499 (Rs. 45,000 approximately)
The ZTE nubia Z9 will go on sale in China starting May 21, 2015 while the registrations for the same are now open at nubia.cn. There is no word on the availability of the handset in markets outside China,
Also Read: ZTE Blade S6 Plus Debuts Globally via eBay