After a series of rumors and teasers, Lenovo’s ZUK has finally launched its ZUK Edge flagship smartphone in China. As for specifications, the phone packs a 2.35GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor paired with Adreno 530 GPU. It features a 5.5-inch full HD TDDI 2.5D curved display with Corning Gorilla glass.
It runs Android 7.0 Nougat wrapped under ZUI 2.5. On the imaging front, the Zuk Edge sports a 13 megapixel rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, Samsung ISOCELL sensor and 4K video recording. There is also an 8 mega pixel front camera with f/2.2 aperture. The phone comes with 4GB or 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory which is non expandable.
Fueled by a 3100mAh battery, it supports Quick Charge 3.0. The device measures 142.9×74.5×7.68 mm and weighs 160 grams. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS and USB Type-C. The smartphone features an under-glass U Touch fingerprint sensor which the company claims to unlock the device in just 0.09 seconds. There is also an inbuit heart rate sensor that measures blood oxygen levels.
ZUK Edge: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 2.35GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with ZUI 2.5
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution, 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla glass)
- RAM: 4GB / 6GB
- Storage: 64GB
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, Samsung ISOCELL sensor and 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 3100mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS and USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 142.9×74.5×7.68 mm
- Weight: 160 grams
- Fingerprint sensor
- Hear rate sensor
Price & Availability
The ZUK Edge carries a price tag of CNY 2299 (approximately Rs. 22,460) for the 4GB RAM variant and CNY 2499 (approximately Rs. 24,420) for the 6GB RAM variant. It comes in Ceramic White and Titanium Black color options. The smartphone is up for pre-order in China and will go on sale starting January 1, 2017.