Much like the ‘Mini’ series of devices from Samsung, which offer a slightly less powerful version of their corresponding flagship devices, LG launched the LG G3 Beat in India which is based on their critically acclaimed LG G3 smartphone. Like the G3, the G3 offers rear key functions and very thin bezels on the device. Floating Arc design and Laser Autofocus system along with Optical Image Stabilization are also present. Read on to find out the detailed specifications, pricing and availability information.
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 400
- 5.0-inch IPS Display with 720p Resolution and 294 ppi pixel density
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB Internal Memory with MicroSD Card Slot
- 8 MP Rear Camera with Laser Auto Focus and OIS+, Front Camera: 1.3 MP
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Dimension – 137.7 x 69.6 x 10.3mm, 134 grams
- 4G LTE / HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G)
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS/ Glonass, NFC, USB 2.0
- 2,540 mAh removable battery unit
- Miscellaneous – Touch & Shoot, Smart Keyboard, Quick Memo+, Gesture Shot
The spotlight feature of the LG G3 beat is the camera mechanism with OIS+ and Laster auto focus which helps to focus within milliseconds & provides non blurry images even in low light conditions. LG’s Knock Code functionality also comes loaded on the device which helps unlocking the device with a customized 3 to 8 tap long pattern.
Pricing and Availability
The LG G3 Beat will be available in India in three color variants – metallic black, shine gold and silk black and a Snap-On Case with multiple color options. It will be available for sale later this week for Rs. 25000.
LG G3 comes with a variety of features that are inherited from the G3, but the specifications of the device are mid range at best. The price tag of Rs. 25000 pits it against the Motorola Moto X (2nd Generation) and Google Nexus 5 which offer full High Definition displays and very powerful internals (Processor and RAM). Consumers should really look at the other options which provide a better bang for their buck.