Sony has launched its selfie focused Sony Xperia M5 Dual smartphone in India. Under the hood, the device is powered by a 64-bit 2.2 GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) processor coupled with with PowerVR G6200 GPU and 3GB of RAM.
Running Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system, it features a 5-inch full HD IPS display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution and Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2. It sports a 21.5 mega pixel rear camera with hybrid auto focus, LED flash, IMX230 Exmor RS sensor and f/2.2 aperture. The front camera of the phone is 13 mega pixel with LED flash and Exmor RS sensor. There is 16GB of inbuilt storage which is expandable up to 200GB using microSD card.
Backed up by a 2600mAh battery, it measures 145 x 72 x 7.6 mm in dimensions and weighs 143 grams. The device comes with IP65/68 certification for resistance against water and dust. The M5 Dual comes with a cap-less USB port as well. The company has not launched the single-SIM variant of the device in India.
Features and Specifications of Sony Xperia M5 Dual
- Processor: 64-bit 2.2 GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T)
- GPU: PowerVR G6200
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Display: 5-inch full HD IPS (1920×1080 pixels resolution and Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2)
- RAM: 3GB
- ROM: 16GB (expandable up to 200GB using microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 21.5 mega pixel with hybrid Auto Focus, LED flash, IMX230 Exmor RS sensor and f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 13 mega pixel with LED flash and Exmor RS sensor
- Battery: 2600mAh with STAMINA mode
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 145 x 72 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 143 grams
- Dual SIM
Price and Availability
The Sony Xperia M5 Dual is priced at Rs 37,990. It will be available to buy from Sony Centers, Sony Smartphone Lounges and all leading retail outlets across India Black and Gold color options.