Xiaomi has launched its latest smartphone in China, called the Xiaomi Mi 5c. The main highlight of the phone is that it packs Xiaomi’s in-house chipset- Surge S1, that has developed in partnership with Pinecone.
Under the hood, the Mi 5c packs a 64-bit 2.2GHz octa-core Xiaomi Surge S1 processor coupled with Mali-T860 GPU. It features a 5.15-inch full HD JDI curved glass display with ultra-thin bezels. The screen has a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The phone runs Android operating system wrapped under MIUI 8. The smartphone houses 3GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory.
For photography lovers, the device sports a 12 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture and 6P lens. There is also an 8 mega pixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture. Equipped with a 2860mAh battery, the phone supports fast charging. Connectivity options which the dual SIM handset offers, include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS and USB Type-C. It measures 144.38×69.68×7.09 mm and weighs 135 grams. The phone also comes with a fingerprint sensor for additional security.
Xiaomi Mi 5c: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 64-bit 2.2GHz octa-core Xiaomi Surge S1
- GPU: Mali-T860
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8 (Upgradable to Android 7.1 Nougat)
- Display: 5.15-inch Full HD JDI (1920×1080 pixels resolution, curved glass)
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 64GB
- Rear Camera: 12 mega pixel with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 2860mAh with fast charging
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS and USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 144.38×69.68×7.09 mm
- Weight: 135 grams
- Dual SIM
- Infrared sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 5c carries a price tag of CNY 1499 (approximately Rs. 15,000) and will go on sale in China starting March 3, 2017. It will be available in Rose Gold, Gold and Black color options.