Meizu has launched its Meizu M5 smartphone in China. The phone is essentially a larger variant of the M3S which was launched in India in October 2016. The M5 packs similar specifications as the M3S except a larger display and more battery capacity.
Under the hood, the Meizu M5 packs an octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor paired with Mali-T860 GPU. Based on RAM and storage, the smartphone comes in two variants- one with 2GB RAM+16GB storage while other variant packs 3GB of RAM+32GB storage. Both variants support expandable storage up to 128GB via microSD card.
On the camera front, the device sports a 13 mega pixel primary camera with dual tone LED flash, PDAF and f/2.2 aperture. There is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera onboard with f/2.0 aperture. Backed up by a 3070mAh battery, the smartphone offers 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS as connectivity options. It runs Yun OS 5.1 with FlyMe UI 5.5 over its top. The phone also features a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button for additional security. The mTouch 2.1 fingerprint scanner is said to unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds.
Meizu M5: Specifications & Features
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek MT6750
- GPU: Mali T860
- Operating System: Yun OS 5.1 with FlyMe UI 5.5
- Display: 5.2-inch HD (1280×720 pixels resolution with 2.5D curved glass)
- RAM+Storage: 2GB RAM+16GB storage / 3GB RAM+32GB storage (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with dual tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 3070mAh
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 147.2×72.8×8 mm
- Weight: 138 grams
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Meizu M5 carries a price tag of CNY 700 (approximately Rs. 6,900) for 2GB RAM+16GB storage variant while the 3GB RAM+32GB storage variant costs CNY 900 (approximately Rs. 8,900). It is available to buy in China. There is no word on global roll out of the phone as of now.