Samsung has today, launched its Samsung Galaxy J5 and Galaxy J7 in India. Both the devices are gaming oriented phones targeted at the gaming freaks across the country. The Galaxy J5 is priced at Rs. 11,999 while the Galaxy J7 is priced at Rs. 14,999. Both the devices share similar specifications, however there are some differences as well.
But how do they compare with each other? What are the similarities and differences between the two phones? Read on to find out how Samsung Galaxy J5 vs Galaxy J7 compare with each other in terms of specifications, features and price.
Samsung Galaxy J5 vs Galaxy J7
Mentioned below are similarities and differences in Galaxy J5 and J7:
- Operating System: Android 5.1
- RAM: 1.5GB
- Expandable Storage: up to 128GB via microSD card
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with auto focus and LED Flash
- Front Camera: Both are selfie focused phones with 5 mega pixel with LED flash
- Connectivity options: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, Glonass, USB 2.0
- Processor: Samsung Galaxy J5 is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor whereas Galaxy J7 is powered by a faster 1.5GHz octa-core Exynos processor.
- Display: Galaxy J5 features a smaller 5-inch HD sAMOLED display as opposed to 5.5-inch HD sAMOLED display of J7.
- ROM: Inbuilt memory of Galaxy J5 is 8GB while that of Galaxy J7 is 16GB.
- Battery: Galaxy J5 is backed up by a smaller 2600mAh battery while Galaxy J7 comes with a 3000mAh battery.
- Dimensions and Weight: Galaxy J5 is smaller in size and measures 142.1×71.8×7.9 mm with 146 grams of weight while Galaxy J7 has dimensions of 152.5×78.7×7.5 mm and weighs 172 grams.
- Price: The Galaxy J5 is priced at Rs. 11,999 and Galaxy J7 is available to buy for Rs. 14,999.
Samsung Galaxy J5 vs Galaxy J7: Comparison
|Device/Feature||Samsung Galaxy J5||Samsung Galaxy J7|
|Price||Rs. 11,999||Rs. 14,999|
|Processor||1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410||1.5GHz octa-core Exynos|
|Operating System||Android 5.1 Lollipop||Android 5.1 Lollipop|
|Display||5-inch HD sAMOLED (1280×720 pixels resolution)||5.5-inch HD sAMOLED (1280×720 pixels resolution)|
|ROM||8GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)||16GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)|
|Rear Camera||13 mega pixel with auto focus and LED Flash||13 mega pixel with auto focus and LED Flash|
|Front Camera||5 mega pixel with LED flash||5 mega pixel with LED flash|
|Connectivity||4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, Glonass, USB 2.0||4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, Glonass, USB 2.0|
|Dimensions||142.1×71.8×7.9 mm||152.5×78.7×7.5 mm|
|Weight||146 grams||172 grams|
|SIM Card Slots||2||2|
|Color Options||White/ Black||White/ Black|
Samsung Galaxy J5 vs Galaxy J7: Comparison Video
If you are a gaming freak then you should go for Samsung Galaxy J7, priced at Rs. 14,999 since it comes with faster processor and more inbuilt memory as compared to the other device. But if you are not a gaming freak and want to buy a selfie focused smartphone then Samsung Galaxy J5 for Rs. 11,999 will be a good deal for you.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy A8 Goes Official