Xiaomi has launched its latest smartphone, dubbed the Xiaomi Mi 4S, at an event in China. The device, as the name suggests, is a refreshed variant of Mi 4. Highlight of the Mi 4S is that it features fingerprint sensor on the rear for additional security. The phone also comes with a metal frame and glass panel on both, rear and front.
As far as specifications of the handset are concerned, it is powered by a hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor paired with Adreno 418 GPU and 3GB of RAM. Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow wrapped under MIUI 7, it features a 5-inch full HD IPS display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution, 441ppi pixel density and 95% NTSC color gamut.
The Mi 4S stands at 64GB of internal memory, which can be expanded via microSD card. On imaging front, it sports a 13 mega pixel primary camera with dual LED flash, while there is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera. Backed up by a 3260mAh battery, it supports quick charging and comes with USB Type C port.
Specifications & Features Of Xiaomi Mi 4S
- Processor: 64-bit hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808
- GPU: Adreno 418
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- Display: 5-inch Full HD IPS (1920×1080 pixels resolution, 441ppi pixel density, 95% NTSC color gamut)
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 64GB (expandable via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with dual LED flash, PDAF
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 3260mAh with Quick Charging
- Connectivity: 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1 and USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 139.26×70.76×7.8 mm
- Weight: 133 grams
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Fingerprint scanner
Price & Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 4S is priced at CNY 1699 (approximately Rs. 17,800) and will go on sale in China starting March 1, 2016. It will be available in White, Black, Gold, Purple and limited edition Pink color options.
The Mi 4S comes with a number of upgrades over the Mi 4. The latest variant comes with better screen resolution, different SoC, bumped up battery, fingerprint scanner, expandable storage support and more. There is no word on whether the company will launch the device in India or not.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mi 5 Launched In Three Variants