Apple has finally unveiled iOS 14 with an App Library and redesigned Widgets. It also comes with Picture-in-Picture (PiP) support. Read more to find about Apple iOS 14 Features
The new iOS 14 update comes with an Aoo library, redesigned widgets, and Picture-in-Picture (PiP) support, and an upgraded Siri (ditched full-screen interface).
Additionally, the new operating system comes preloaded with a Translate app that offers side-by-side translations in two different languages.
The company has also added fresh Memoji for messaging, including the ones with support for face masks. Let’s take a closer look:
The iOS 14 update will be available for all iPhone models that are compatible with iOS 13. It will essentially work with iPhones newer than iPhone 6s.
- In the new iOS 14, Apple has added the App Library view that groups multiple apps automatically on one, single screen (app drawer on an Android device).
- A ‘Jiggle mode’ allows you to hide out different pages from your home screen and move them into the App Library view. You can access it by tapping the dots at the bottom of one of your home screen pages in the edit view.
- The redesigned Widgets that can be placed on any of your home screen pages. You can adjust widget sizes to adjust them along with your existing app icons and folders.
- A Widget Gallery can be brought on top of your screen in the edit view, by tapping the plus button from the top-left side of your screen.
- Apple has also added a Smart Stack feature that shows different widgets throughout the day.
- The iOS 14 also gets the Picture-in-Picture support that allows you to access apps on your iPhone while watching a video or talking on a FaceTime call.
- Siri in an all-new view is visible at the bottom of your display. Apple claims that it will make tasks like launching apps incredibly seamless.
- Apple claims that the popular voice assistant now comes with support for more complex questions. It can send audio messages by recording audio from your iPhone, without requiring you to open the Voice Memos app.
- The new Translate app supports 11 languages – English, Mandarin Chinese, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Portuguese, and Russian.
- For messaging, users will get new emoji stickers and 20 new hair/ headwear styles for Memoji. You can add a face mask option to your Memoji character. Users can also pin any of their favorite conversations.
- The new App Store supports App Clips to reduce the clutter on your iPhone. Users will get experience without installing the full app.
- A new Safari with a Privacy Report feature lets you view which cross-site trackers have been blocked. There is built-in translation support for webpages.
What do you think of the new iOS features? Share your views with us in the comments section