Samsung announced the second generation of its Galaxy A series smartphones, dubbed the Galaxy A5 (2016) and Galaxy A7 (2016), in India, early this month. Though these devices pack a number of improvements over their predecessors, but what similarities do these two phones have in common? Or how do they differ with each other?
If you are wondering which smartphone between these two is better, then this post is going to help you. In this post, we have pitted Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) vs Galaxy A7 (2016) against each other to ascertain how these devices compare with each other in terms of price, specifications and features.
Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) vs Galaxy A7 (2016) Comparison
|Device/Features||Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016)||Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016)|
|Price||Rs. 29,400||Rs. 33,400|
|Display||5.2-inch full HD Super AMOLED, Corning Gorilla Glass 4||5.5-inch full HD Super AMOLED, Corning Gorilla Glass 4|
|Resolution||1920×1080 pixels||1920×1080 pixels|
|SoC||Exynos 7580||Exynos 7580|
|CPU||1.6GHz octa-core||1.6GHz octa-core|
|MicroSD||Yes – Up to 128GB||Yes – Up to 128GB|
|Battery||2900mAh with fast charging||3300mAh with fast charging|
|Camera||13 mega pixel with OIS||13 mega pixel with OIS|
|Front Camera||5 mega pixel||5 mega pixel|
|Connectivity||Dual SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC||Dual SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC|
|OS||Android 5.1 Lollipop||Android 5.1 Lollipop|
|Dimensions & Weight||144.8 x 71.0 x 7.3mm, 155 grams||151.5 x 74.1 x 7.3mm, 172 grams|
|Color options||Black, White, Gold||Black, White, Gold|
Following are the similarities in the Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 and Galaxy A7 2016.
1. Display Resolution: Both phones feature screens with different sizes but same full HD resolution of 1920×1080 pixels.
2. Processor: Both devices are powered by a 1.6GHz octa-core Exynos 7580 processor.
3. Storage: There is 16GB of internal memory housed in both phones. They also support expandable storage up to 128GB via microSD card.
4. Fingerprint Sensor: There is a fingerprint sensor in both phones for additional security.
5. Camera: This round again is a tie. Both phones sport a 13 mega pixel camera on the rear with OIS and a 5 mega pixel front facing camera.
6. Software & Connectivity: The devices run Android Lollipop operating system and offer 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC as connectivity options.
7. Design: Both smartphones look identical on design front. They feature glass and metal design which looks premium. Except for difference in size, there is nothing which could tell the difference between the two smartphones.
Following are the differences in the Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 and Galaxy A7 2016.
1. Display Size: The 2016 Galaxy A5 sports a 5.2-inch display while the Galaxy A7 2016 features a 5.5-inch display.
2. RAM: The Galaxy A5 2016 packs 2GB of RAM while Galaxy A7 2016 comes with 3GB of RAM.
3. Battery: The Samsung Galaxy A5 and A7 2016 are backed up by 2900mAh and 3300mAh batteries respectively.
4. Dimensions and Weight: The Galaxy A5 2016 measures 144.8 x 71.0 x 7.3mm and weighs 155 grams. The Galaxy A7 2016, on the other hand, measures 151.5 x 74.1 x 7.3mm and weighs 172 grams.
5. Price: The 2016 Galaxy A5 is priced at Rs. 29,400 while the Galaxy A7 2016 carries price tag of Rs. 33,400.
Both smartphones pack more similarities than differences. Both devices flaunt identical premium design and share some common specifications. They offer decent performance, good camera combination and bright display. Both smartphones however, seem to be overpriced as there are other options available in the market which you can consider.
Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) vs Galaxy A7 (2016) Comparison Video
Which smartphone- Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) vs Galaxy A7 (2016) do you think is better? Share your views with us in the comments section below!
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy S7 vs Galaxy S6 vs Galaxy S7 Edge vs Galaxy S6 Edge Comparison