WhatsApp is known for the difficult transition between iOS and Android smartphones. Fortunately, the company has decided to change that. Read more to find out How To Transfer WhatsApp Chat Data From Android to iOS
Switching phones has become a regular part of the modern lifestyle. However, reinstalling apps and restoring data is quite a cumbersome process. WhatsApp has been specifically notorious while moving from an iPhone To Android or vice-versa.
Finally, the Facebook-owned company has decided to address this issue. The new feature was initially announced during the Galaxy Unpacked event last year.
Now, WhatsApp users will be able to transfer their complete chat history from Android to iOS and vice-versa. However, it does not transfer your WhatsApp call and payment history.
Requirements – To complete this process you will need an Android smartphone with Android 5 or higher and an iPhone with iOS 15.5 or above. Also, both devices need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How To Transfer WhatsApp Chats From Android to iOS
- Open the Move to iOS app on your Android phone.
- Now, enter the code displayed on your iPhone on your Android phone.
- Then, tap Continue and follow instructions.
- Next, select WhatsApp on the Transfer Data screen.
- Now, tap Start on your Android phone.
- Once WhatsApp prepares the data for export, tap Next to return to the Move to iOS app.
- Next, tap Continue to transfer the data from your Android phone to your iPhone.
- Once the transfer is complete, open WhatsApp on your iPhone and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
- Then, tap Start when prompted and complete activation.
- Now, you should see your chats on the new device.
- That’s it!
The transferred data will not be uploaded to iCloud until you create a backup. However, it will remain on your Android device until you uninstall WhatsApp or format your smartphone.
Your iPhone must be factory new or reset to factory settings to pair with the Move to iOS app. Additionally, remember to use the same phone number as your old Android phone.
The new feature will work with the WhatsApp iOS version 18.104.22.168 or above. However, an old device can have WhatsApp Android version 22.214.171.124 or above.
We hope the above-mentioned article was helpful. Let us know in the comments section below.