UPI payments have made the everyday shopping experience quite seamless. However, it completely depends on internet connectivity. Read more to find out How To Make UPI Payments Without Internet
Apps like Google Pay and Paytm have completely changed the everyday money exchange. In addition to shopping essentials, UPI payments are being used to transfer money for services or family/ friends.
However, there is a big catch. Sometimes, your phone might not get the essential network to complete a UPI payment. Fortunately, there is an easy solution to this problem.
You can simply dial *99# to send money, change UPI PIN, and check your account balance without an internet connection. This is a USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) based mobile banking service.
This offline UPI payment service is offered by 83 leading banks and 4 telecom service providers. You can access it in 13 different languages (including Hindi and English). Here’s How To Make UPI Payments Without Internet:
How To Set up Offline UPI payments
- Simply dial *99# on your phone with the number linked to your bank account.
- Next, select your desired language and enter your bank name.
- Then, you will see a list of bank accounts that are linked to your number. Simply press the option you want to use.
- Next, enter the last 6 digits of your debit card and the expiry date.
- Now you can make UPI payments without an Internet connection.
How To Make Offline UPI Payments
- Once you are all set up, dial *99# on your phone and enter 1 to send money.
- Then, choose your desired option and enter the UPI ID/ phone number/ bank account number you want to send money to.
- Next, enter the amount and your UPI PIN.
- Now, your payment should be successfully done.
- That’s it!
NOTE: For using the *99# service, you will be charged a maximum of Rs 0.50 per transaction. The upper limit on this service is Rs 5,000 per transaction.
We hope the above-mentioned article was helpful. Let us know in the comments section below,