Xiaomi has launched its Xiaomi Mi Max phablet, alongside MIUI 8 ROM, in India. The Mi Max is company’s largest smartphone yet and features a large 6.44-inch display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution and 2.5D curved glass.
It has been launched in two variants- one with hexa-core Snapdragon 650 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory while other variant features Snapdragon 652 processor paired 4GB RAM and 128GB storage. The phone runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system wrapped under MIUI 7 and will receive MIUI 8 update soon.
The Mi Max sports a 16 mega pixel primary camera with dual LED flash, f/2.0 aperture and PDAF. There is also a 5 mega pixel front snapper with f/2.0 aperture. The phablet is backed up by a 4850mAh battery.
On aesthetics front, it flaunts its sleek unibody metal design and also features a fingerprint scanner on the back for additional security. It measures 173.1×88.3×7.5mm, weighs 203 grams and will be available in Silver, Gold and dark Grey color options.
Specifications & Features Of Xiaomi Mi Max
- Processor: Hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 / Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 652
- GPU: Adreno 510
- Display: 6.44-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution, 2.5D curved glass)
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- RAM+Storage: 3GB RAM+32GB / 4GB RAM+128GB storage (expandable via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 16 mega pixel with dual LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 4850mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 173.1×88.3×7.5mm
- Weight: 203 grams
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Fingerprint scanner, IR sensor
Price & Availability
The Xiaomi Mi Max is priced at Rs. 14,999 for SD 650 SoC+3GB RAM+32GB storage variant and Rs. 19,999 for SD 652 SoC+4GB RAM+128GB storage variant. It will be available to buy from Amazon India, Flipkart, Paytm, Snapdeal, Tata CLiQ and mi.com via flash sale starting July 13, 2016. It comes with free unlimited music for 1 year and free movies for 3 years on Hungama app.
Xiaomi has also unveiled MIUI 8 that brings a lot of new features such as Power saving mode, upgraded scanner app, revamped gallery app, Notes, calculator app, SMS security and more. MIUI 8 also comes with Dual apps feature that allows users to have two accounts for apps such as WhatsApp. Users can keep two separate spaces (personal and work) in the same phone.