Xiaomi has launched a refreshed Xiaomi Redmi 2A variant in China. The upgraded version of the smartphone comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory instead of 1GB RAM and 8GB of inbuilt storage of the original version. Rest of the specifications of the latest variant are same as the original one.
Under the hood, it packs a quad-core LCI L1860C processor clocked at 1.5GHz paired with Mali T628 dual-core GPU. Running Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system wrapped under MIUI 6, it features a 4.7-inch HD IPS display with 1280×720 pixels resolution. There is 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal memory onboard while the device also supports microSD card for expandable storage up to 32GB.
The Redmi 2A sports an 8 mega pixel auto focus rear camera with LED flash and a 2 mega pixel front facing camera. Backed up by a 2200mAh battery, it measures 134 x 67.2 x 9.4mm in dimensions and weighs 132 grams.
Features & Specifications Of Xiaomi Redmi 2A Variant
- Processor: 1.5 GHz quad-core Cortex A7 Leadcore L1860C
- GPU: Mali T628 dual-core
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop with MIUI 6
- Display: 4.7 inch HD IPS (1280 x 720 pixels resolution, 312 ppi pixel density)
- RAM: 2GB
- ROM: 16GB (Expandable up to 32 GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 8 mega pixel rear with auto focus, LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, BSI sensor
- Front Camera: 2 mega pixel
- Battery: 2200 mAh
- Connectivity: 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS , AGPS and GLONASS
- Dual SIM
Price & Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi 2A rariant will be available to buy in China for CNY 549 (approximately Rs. 5,700). There is no word on whether the company will launch the device in global markets or not.
Xiaomi also launched its Redmi 2 Prime smartphone in India last month in August 2015 for Rs. 6,999. You can check out specifications and features of the device here.