ASUS, making its mark in the Indian mobile phone market slowly but steadily launched an improved version of its Fonepad 7 Tablet. The new iteration comes with a Dual SIM Support, High Definition display and Intel Atom dual core processor along with a lucrative price tag. ASUS Fonepad 7 Dual SIM Calling Tab Price in India is Rs. 12999. This is the 3rd generation of Fonepad 7 tablet and notably every new upgrade comes with a lower price tag and added features. Let us take a look.
Hands On Video Review
Specifications and Features :
- Dual Sim functionality
- 7″ IPS Display with 1280×800 resolution with 178 degree viewing angles
- Intel Atom Z2520 1.2 Ghz Dual Core Processor with HyperThreading technology
- SGX544MP2 300 MHz GPU
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM
- 8 GB Internal Memory + MicroSD Expandable Storage
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n , Bluetooth 4.0
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Full Phone capability – 2G/3G with Embedded GPS
- 199.5×120.8×11.35 mm Dimensions , 340 grams weight
- 5.0 MP Camera with AF, 1.2 MP front Camera with 100 shots burst mode capability
- 15 Wh Li-Polymer Battery
The Asus Fonepad 7 Dual SIM version goes on sale exclusively with Snapdeal.com at a price tag of Rs. 12,999.
Asus Fonepad 7 Dual SIM Alternatives & Analysis
Facing a fierce competition in an already populated budget tablet market in India, the ASUS Fonepad 7 has a lot to worry about. The newly launched LAVA QPAD e704 offers a higher resolution screen and a Quad Core processor with even lower price tag.
Dell Venue 7 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 offer a similar specification and feature set with a price tag matching the product. However, FonePad 7’s competitor in the market is from ASUS itself. The last generation Google Nexus 7 currently retails for about INR 11000.
The Nexus 7 comes with a stock Vanilla Android flavor , 32 GB Internal Memory , Gorilla Glass and a suite of other features. The Fonepad 7 doesn’t really stand out in this competitive market and will have to offer something unique and more powerful (Quad Core processor at least) keeping the price range within sub INR 15000 mark.