Gionee has announced the launch of its first ‘made in India’ smartphone, dubbed the Gionee F103. The company has also revealed that it has sold over 7 Million devices in India already and looks forward to double its sales in 2015-2016.
Under the hood, the F103 is powered by a 64-bit 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 processor paired with T720 GPU and 2GB of RAM. Running Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system, wrapped under Amigo UI 3.1, it features a 5-inch HD IPS display with 1280×720 pixels resolution and Dragontrail glass protection. There is 16GB of internal memory onboard.
On camera front, it sports an 8 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash and f/2.2 aperture while there is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera. Backed up by a 2400mAh battery, it measures 146×70.3×7.95mm in dimensions.
Features & Specifications Of Gionee F103
- Processor: 64-bit 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735
- GPU: Mali-T720
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop with Amigo UI 3.1
- Display: 5-inch HD IPS (1280×720 pixels resolution and Dragontrail glass protection)
- RAM: 2GB
- ROM: 16GB
- Rear Camera: 8 mega pixel with LED flash and f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 2400mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 146×70.3×7.95mm
- Color Options: Pearl White, Dawn White and Black
- Dual SIM
Price & Availability
The Gionee F103 is priced at Rs. 9,999 and comes in Pearl White, Dawn White and Black color options.
“It gives us immense pleasure to announce our India manufacturing. The Make in India is yet another step towards showcasing our commitment to India. It was an honor to have Shri N. Chandrababu Naidu, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh joining us on this momentous occasion. We are very excited to have received unprecedented support from our consumers in last two years and we hope to deliver better and better everytime,” said Arvind Vohra, Country CEO & MD, Gionee India.