Huawei has launched its latest smartphone, called the Huawei Mate 9 Pro, in China. It is an upgraded variant of the Huawei Mate 9 which was unveiled recently. As for specifications, the smartphone packs a 2.5GHz octa-core Kirin 960 processor paired with 4GB or 6GB of RAM. It features a 5.5-inch QHD curved AMOLED display with 2560×1440 pixels resolution. The phone runs Android 7.0 Nougat operating system wrapped under Emotion UI 5.0.
On the camera front, the mate 9 Pro comes with Leica-engineered dual cameras on the rear. It sports a 20 mega pixel monochrome lens and a 12 mega pixel RGB sensor on the back. The rear camera setup is accompanied by dual LED flash. There is also an 8 mega pixel front facing camera onboard.
Based on storage, it comes in two variants- one with 64GB of internal memory while other model comes with 128GB of inbuilt storage. Fueled by a 4000mAh battery, the device measures 152x75x7.5 mm. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. It packs a fingerprint sensor on the rear for additional security.
Huawei Mate 9 Pro: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 2.5GHz octa-core Kirin 960
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.0
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad HD AMOLED 2.5D curved glass (2560×1440 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Rear Camera: 20 mega pixel (Monochrome) + 12 mega pixel (RGB), dual-tone LED flash, Leica lens, OIS
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel
- Battery: 4000mAh with fast charging
- Connectivity: 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Dimensions: 152x75x7.5 mm
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Huawei Mate 9 Pro carries a price tag of CNY 4699 (approximately Rs. 46,392) for the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage and CNY 5299 (approximately Rs. 52,280) for the variant with 6GB RAM + 128GB storage. It comes in Champagne Gold, Moonlight Silver, Space Grey, Mocha Brown and Ceramic White color options. There is no word yet on global roll out of the phone.