Oppo has launched its Oppo A57 smartphone in the Indian market. Targeted at selfie enthusiasts, the phone was first introduced in China in November 2016. The main highlight of the smartphone is its 16 mega pixel front facing camera that helps users take stunning selfies. There is also a 13 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash, 5P lens, PDAF and f/2.2 aperture.
Under the hood, the A57 packs a 1.4GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor paired with Adreno 505 GPU. It features a 5.2-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display with 1280×720 pixels resolution. The smartphone houses 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory with expandable support up to 128GB using microSD card. It runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system wrapped under ColorOS 3.0.
Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS. Backed up by a 2900mAh battery, it measures 149.1×72.9×7.65 mm and weighs 147 grams. The smartphone also features a fingerprint sensor integrated into the home button.
Oppo A57: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 1.4GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with ColorOS 3.0
- Display: 5.2-inch HD (1280×720 pixels resolution, 2.5D curved glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 4)
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF
- Front Camera: 16 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens
- Battery: 2900mAh
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Dimensions: 149.1×72.9×7.65 mm
- Weight: 147 grams
- Color Option: Gold
- Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Oppo A57 carries a price tag of Rs. 14,990 and comes in Gold color variant. It will be available starting February 3, 2017 via online as well as offline stores across the country.
“When we saw the demand for the great 16-megapixel selfie camera on the F1s, we set out to bring that experience to an even wider range of users. The A57 brings consumers premium photography and advanced features, like the industry-leading fingerprint reader, that goes well beyond the conventional boundaries for this price segment,” said Sky Li, Oppo VP and Managing Director of International Mobile Business.