Samsung has launched its Samsung Gear S3 Classic and Gear S3 Frontier smartwatches in India. To recall, the wearables were first introduced at IFA 2016 in September last year. The Gear S3 Frontier features a rugged design while the Classic variant comes with an elegant look.
Both wearables feature a 1.3-inch Super AMOLED Always on display with 360×360 pixels resolution, Gorilla Glass SR+ protection and rotating bezel. The rotating bezel lets users perform various functions such as picking up a call, without having to touch the display. On software front, the smartwatches run Tizen OS. Powered by 1GHz dual-core processor, the watches house 768MB of RAM and 4GB of internal memory.
Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC and MST. Besides, the Frontier variant also supports 3G/4G LTE. Fueled by a 380mAh Li-ion battery, the wearables support wireless charging and offer up to 4 days of battery life. Both smartwatches are IP68 certified for resistance against dust and water. As for compatibility, the wearables are compatible with Android and iOS devices.
Samsung Gear S3 Classic / Frontier: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 1GHz dual-core
- Operating System: Tizen
- Display: 1.3-inch Super AMOLED Always on (360×360 pixels resolution, 278ppi pixel density, Gorilla Glass SR+ protection)
- RAM: 768MB
- Storage: 4GB
- Battery: 380mAh with wireless charging
- Connectivity: 3G/ LTE (Gear S3 Frontier), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, MST
- Dimensions: 46 x 49 x 12.9 (Classic) / 46 x 49 x 12.9 (Frontier)
- Weight: 57 grams (Classic without band) / 62 grams (Frontier without band)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Barometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate
- IP68 Dust and Water resistant
- Compatibility: Android and iOS
Price & Availability
The Samsung Gear S3 Classic and Gear S3 Frontier carry price tag of Rs. 28,500 each and will go on sale in India starting January 18, 2017.
“With the Gear S3, we continue to build on our wearables heritage of offering diverse choices to enhance consumers’ unique lifestyles.With the new Gear S3, we expand our Gear collection and introduce not only a great smartwatch, but a great watch. With smart capabilities and sophisticated, elegant design, the Gear S3 marks a significant addition to our smartwatch portfolio,” said, Manu Sharma, Vice President, Mobile Business, Samsung India.