Samsung has launched its latest flip phone in China, called the Samsung W2017. The main highlight of the phone is its dual displays. It features two 4.2-inch full HD Super AMOLED displays with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. Under the hood, it packs a quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor clocked at 2.15GHz coupled with Adreno 530 GPU.
The W2017 houses 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory. It supports expandable storage up to 256GB via microSD card. Coming to the camera department, it sports a 12 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash, PDAF and f/1.7 aperture. There is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera onboard. The W2017 supports 4K video recording as well.
Backed up by a 2300mAh battery, the phone supports fast charging, both wired and wireless. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS and NFC. It measures 127.8×61.4×15.8 mm and weighs 208 grams. The phone comes equipped with a fingerprint sensor and a heart rate sensor. It is a hybrid SIM phone which means that the second slot can be used to accommodate either a SIM card or a microSD card.
Samsung W2017: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 2.15GHz quad-core Snapdragon 820
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 4.2-inch Full HD Super AMOLED dual displays (1920×1080 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB (expandable up to 256GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 12 mega pixel with LED flash, PDAF, f/1.7 aperture and 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/1.9 aperture
- Battery: 2300mAh with Fast Charging (wired and wireless)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS and NFC
- Dimensions: 127.8×61.4×15.8 mm
- Weight: 208 grams
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Heart Rate Sensor
Price & Availability
There is no word yet on pricing and availability of the Samsung W2017. Samsung is likely to announce the same in the coming days.