Sony has unveiled its Sony Xperia Z5 Compact smartphone at the IFA 2015 alongside its flagship smartphone Xperia Z5. The Z5 Compact is essentially a compact version of the Xperia Z5. Under the hood, it is powered by a 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor paired with Adreno 430 GPU and 3GB of RAM. Running Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system, it features a 4.6-inch HD display with 1280×720 pixels resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
The handset sports a 23 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash, hybrid auto focus with 0.03s speed, 1/2.3″ Sony Exmor RS image sensor, f/2.0 aperture and Sony G lens. It also supports 4K video recording. There is also an 8 mega pixel front facing camera onboard.
On storage front, it houses 32GB of inbuilt storage which is expandable up to 200GB using microSD card. Backed up by a 2700mAh battery, it can survive for up to two days on single charge on Stamina mode. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and NFC.
Specifications Of Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810
- GPU: Adreno 430
- Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Display: 4.6-inch HD (1280×720 pixels resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection)
- RAM: 2GB
- ROM: 32GB (expandable up to 200GB using microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 23 mega pixel with LED flash, hybrid auto focus with 0.03s speed, 1/2.3″ Sony Exmor RS image sensor, f/2.0 aperture, Sony G lens, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel
- Battery: 2700mAh with Stamina Mode
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and NFC
- Dimensions: 127x65x8.9 mm
- Weight: 138 grams
Price & Availability
The Sony Xperia Z5 Compact will be rolled out globally for sale starting October 2015 in White, Black, Yellow and Coral color options.