Chinese smartphone maker Umi has launched its latest affordable smartphone called the Umi Fair. Highlight of this device is that it is the most affordable phone with fingerprint sensor. The fingerprint sensor is located on the rear of the phone and features self-learning algorithm which can save up to 5 fingerprints and unlocks the phone in mere 0.32 seconds with 99 percent accuracy. On design front, it flaunts its stainless steel inner frame and polycarbonate back .
As far as specifications of the device are concerned, it is powered by a 64-bit 1GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 processor paired with Mali-T720 MP2 GPU and 1GB of RAM. Running Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system, it features a 5-inch HD IPS display with 1280×720 pixels resolution.
There is 8GB of internal memory which is expandable up to 64GB using microSD card. The handset sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with dual LED flash, Sony IMX164 sensor and f/2.2 aperture. There is also a 2 mega pixel front facing camera with f/2.2 aperture for capturing selfies and making video calls. Backed up by a 2000mAh battery, it measures 143.5x72x8.4mm in dimensions and weighs 120 grams. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS.
Features & Specifications Of Umi Fair
- Processor: 64-bit 1GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735
- GPU: Mali-T720 MP2
- Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Display: 5-inch HD IPS (1280×720 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 1GB
- ROM: 8GB (expandable up to 64GB using microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with dual LED flash, Sony IMX164 sensor and f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 2 mega pixel with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 2000mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 143.5x72x8.4mm
- Weight: 120 grams
Price & Availability
The Umi Fair is priced at $99 (Rs. 6,500 aproximately). It is available to buy from several third party online retailers. There is no word on when the company plans to launch the device in the global markets.
Stay tuned with us for more updates!