Google Meet now allows desktop users to change their backgrounds during a video call. You can choose from a set of default images or upload your own image. Read more to find How To Replace Backgrounds in Google Meet For Desktop
Video conferencing has become quite popular during the ongoing lockdown. The virtual background feature is one of the most popular features of the video calling platform.
Now, Google has announced the custom background feature for Googel Meet users. It will work on ChromeOS and on the Chrome browser on Windows and Mac desktop devices. Mobile app users are expected to get the feature soon.
The search engine giant claims that you do not require an extension or any additional software for the new feature to work.
You can now change the background to a set of default images (office spaces, landscapes, abstract backdrops, etc) or upload your own image.
How To Replace Backgrounds in Google Meet For Desktop
- Go to Google Meet > select a meeting > Change Background and join a meeting
- To change the background during a video call, click on the More option (three dots) on the bottom right corner
- Next, click on Change Background. Your camera will automatically be turned on when you select the option
- Now, select a pre-uploaded background from the listed options
- Alternatively, upload your own image for your background and click on Add
- That’s it!
Note: The new feature is turned off by default and needs to be enabled. Also, Google stated that changing the background may slow down your system.
The custom background feature is rolling out for Google Meet Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Enterprise for Education, and non-profit customers and users with personal Google accounts.
We hope the above-mentioned article was helpful. Let us know in the comments section below,