Google has added a new feature that allows users to stream their video calls on TV. You can now conduct your meetings or attend lectures on the big screen. Read more to find How To Cast Your Google Meet Video Calls Using Chromecast
Dues to the ongoing pandemic, video calls have become the norm. This has led to tech companies upgrading their video calling options.
Now, the search engine giant has added support for Chromecast to Google Meet. This will allow you to stream your meetings on TV.
Google claims that the new feature would roll out for all eligible users within the next few days. It will allow users to do attend lectures/ meetings/ video calls on the big screen.
How To Cast Your Google Meet Video Calls Using Chromecast
- Updated to the latest version of Google Chrome and make sure your Chromecast device has the latest firmware installed
- Now, open your meeting using the Meet app or Google Calendar, and select Cast this meeting
- In the Cast tab, select the Cast-enabled device you want to use
- To switch to the casting during a meeting, tap on the three-dot menu button in the bottom right, and select Cast this meeting.
- To stop casting, tap on the menu once again and select Stop casting meeting.
Note: While the screen will be mirrored on your TV, you will still be using the camera and microphone from your computer/ smartphone. Also, the performance may vary on TVs and displays.
With the new feature, Google aims to offer a better learning environment for teachers and students during the coronavirus-induced lockdown.
“As work from home opportunities increase, Meet provides an enterprise-grade solution for employees to stay connected and on top of work projects. Change up the usual environment and enjoy your morning meetings on your TV screen in the living room, with a big cup of coffee in hand,” Google said in a statement.
Recently, Google introduced group calls on Google Meet and Google Duo via Nest Hub Max in late June.
We hope the above-mentioned tips were helpful. Please share your views with us in the comments section below.