Huawei’s Honor brand has launched its latest flagship smartphone, Honor V8 in China. Under the hood, the phone packs an octa-core Kirin 950 processor paired with Mali T880-MP4 GPU and 4GB of RAM.
Highlight of the phone is its 12 mega pixel dual camera set up on the rear with dual-tone LED flash, laser auto focus, BSI sensor and f/2.2 aperture. There is also an 8 mega pixel front snapper with f/2.4 aperture. The device runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system wrapped under EMUI 4.1.
The Honor V8 houses either 32GB or 64GB of internal memory, which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card. The 32GB variant features a 5.7-inch full HD display with 1080p resolution while 64GB storage variant packs a 5.7-inch Quad HD display with 1440p resolution.
It is a hybrid dual SIM phone that allows users to use either two SIM cards or one SIM card and one microSD card simultaneously. The phone also features a fingerprint scanner for additional security. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C.
Specifications & Features Of Honor V8
- Processor: Octa-core Kirin 950
- GPU: Mali T880-MP4
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1
- Display: 5.7-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution) / Quad HD (2560x1440p resolution), 2.5D glass
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32GB/64GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 12 mega pixel dual cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Laser Auto Focus, BSI sensor and f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel with f/2.4 aperture
- Battery: 3500mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 157×77.6×7.75 mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Honor V8 is priced at CNY 2299 (approx. Rs. 23,500) for 4GB RAM+32GB storage variant; CNY 2499 (approx. Rs. 25,500) for 4GB RAM+32GB storage variant with additional network support; and CNY 2799 (approx. Rs. 28,500) for the 4GB RAM+64GB storage variant. It is up for registrations in China via JD.com and Vmall.com while first flash sale will take place on May 17, 2016. There is no word on global roll out of the phone as of now.