Shifting from an Android smartphone to iPhone comes with a lot of headaches like losing app history and chat data. Read more to find out about How To Migrate WhatsApp From Android to iPhone
Transferring data from an Android device to iOS has been a huge headache for a while. Many users have reported losing data in multiple apps. Finally, WhatsApp has surfaced with a solution.
WhatsApp users can now transfer their complete chat history from Android to iOS and vice-versa. However, this does not include the transfer of your WhatsApp call and payment history.
Previously, WhatsApp users had to rely on third-party apps to transfer their chat history or just lose it while switching from Android to iOS devices. However, WhatsApp had been beta-testing this feature for Samsung smartphones.
In this article, let us help you transfer WhatsApp chat data from an Android smartphone to an iOS device. Here’s how:
How To Migrate WhatsApp From Android to iPhone
- Install the Move to iOS app on your Android phone,
- Once done, open the app and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Next, enter the code displayed on your iPhone on your Android phone.
- Then, tap Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, select WhatsApp on the Transfer Data screen
- On your Android phone, tap Start.
- Now, you need to wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export. Once the data is prepared, you will be signed out from your Android phone.
- Next, tap Next to return to the Move to iOS app.
- Then, tap Continue to transfer the data from your Android phone to your iPhone.
- Once the transfer is complete, Move to iOS will confirm.
- Now, install the latest version of WhatsApp on your iPhone from the App Store.
- Next, open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
- Then, tap Start when prompted, and wait for the process to complete.
- That’s it! You should see your chats on the new device.
Note: The transferred data will not be uploaded to iCloud until you create a backup. It will still remain on your Android device.
To successfully complete this process, both devices have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi. You will need to connect your Android device to your iPhone’s hotspot. Additionally, connect your handsets to a power source while transferring chat history.
The new feature also requires devices with Android 5 or above and iOS 15.5 or higher. You need to have at least WhatsApp Android version 126.96.36.199 on your old device and WhatsApp iOS version 188.8.131.52 on your new device.
Also, your iPhone must be reset to factory settings to pair with the Move to iOS app. Please remember to use the same phone number as your old smartphone on your new device.
We hope the above-mentioned article was helpful. Let us know in the comments section below.