At MWC 2017, Lenovo-owned Motorola has taken the wraps off its latest smartphones, called the Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus. On the design front, the G5 Plus flaunts its metal body with removable rear panel. The phone also comes with water repellent nano-coating.
As for specifications, the G5 Plus is powered by a 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor paired with Adreno 506 GPU. The phone runs Android 7.0 Nougat and features a 5.2-inch Full HD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution. The screen is protected against scratches by Corning Gorilla glass 3. Based on RAM and storage, it comes in three variants- 2GB/3GB RAM+32GB storage and 4GB RAM+64GB storage. All the three variants support expandable storage up to 128GB via microSD card.
For photography lovers, it sports a 12 mega pixel Auto Focus rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, Dual Pixel Auto Focus, Sony IMX362 sensor and 4K video recording. On the front, it sports a 5 mega pixel camera with f/2.2 aperture and OmniVision OV5695 sensor. Armed with a 3000mAh battery, it supports Turbo Charging. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS. The device measures 150.2x74x7.9 mm and weighs 155 grams. It features a fingerprint sensor for additional security. The phone comes in Lunar Gray and Fine Gold color options.
Moto G5 Plus: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection)
- RAM+Storage: 2GB/3GB RAM+32GB storage / 4GB RAM+64GB storage (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 12 mega pixel Auto Focus with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, Dual Pixel Auto Focus, Sony IMX362 sensor, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.2 aperture and OmniVision OV5695 sensor
- Battery: 3000mAh with Turbo Charging
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS
- Dimensions: 150.2x74x7.9 mm
- Weight: 155 grams
- Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Moto G5 Plus will be available for USD 229 (approximately Rs. 15,300) for the 2GB RAM+32GB storage version and 279 Euros (approximately Rs. 19,60) for the 3GB RAM+32GB storage model. It will also be available in 4GB RAM+64GB storage variant in select markets. The smartphone will go on sale in Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and North America in March 2017.
Also Read: Moto Z Play Review: Reasons To Buy / Not Buy