Motorola has expanded its smartphone folio with the launch of Motorola Droid Turbo 2 smartphone. It succeeds the Droid Turbo smartphone. Under the hood, it is powered by 2.0GHz octa-core Snapdragon 810 processor paired with Adreno 430 and 3GB of RAM. Running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system (upgradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow), it features a 5.4-inch Quad HD AMOLED display with 2560×1440 pixels resolution, 540ppi pixel density and Moto Shattershield.
Based on storage, it comes in two variants- 32GB and 64GB, both expandable up to 2TB via microSD card. The smartphone sports a 21 mega pixel rear camera with dual LED flash and a 5 mega pixel front facing camera with LED flash. It also supports 4K video recording.
Backed up by a massive 3760mAh battery, it measures 149.8x78x7.6 mm and weighs 169 grams. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC.
Features & Specifications Of Motorola Droid Turbo 2
- Processor: 2.0GHz octa-core Snapdragon 810
- GPU: Adreno 430
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (upgradable up to Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
- Display: 5.4-inch Quad HD AMOLED (Moto Shattershield, 2560×1440 pixels resolution and 540ppi pixel density)
- RAM: 3GB
- ROM: 32GB/64GB
- Rear Camera: 21 mega pixel with dual LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 3760mAh with with Turbo charging, Qi wireless charging
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC
- Dimensions: 149.8 x 78 x 7.6-9.2 mm
- Weight: 169 grams
Price & Availability
The Motorola Droid Turbo 2 will be available exclusively on Verizon for $624 (Rs. 40,600 approximately) off contract for 32GB variant and $720 (Rs. 47,000 approximately) off contract for 64GB variant. It will be available in White Soft Grip, Black Soft Grip, Grey Ballistic Nylon and Black Pebbled Leather color option. There is no word on global availability of the device. It is expected to be launched as Motorola Moto Turbo 2 in global markets.