Apple has announced a new 9.7-inch Apple iPad. The device will replace the iPad Air 2 which was launched in 2014. The new iPad model comes with A9 chip and M9 motion coprocessor and features a brighter 9.7-inch Retina display. Read on to find more details.
New 9.7-inch Apple iPad: Specifications & Features
- Processor: A9 chip and M9 motion coprocessor
- Operating System: iOS 10
- Display: 9.7-inch Retina (2048×1536 resolution resolution, 264 ppi pixel density)
- Storage: 32GB / 128GB
- Rear Camera: 8 mega pixel with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 1.2 mega pixel FaceTime HD with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 32.4 watt-hour
- Connectivity: 4G LTE (optional), Wi‑Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2
- Dimensions: 240×169.5×7.5 mm
- Weight: 469 grams (Wi-Fi) / 478 grams (WiFi + Cellular)
- Color Options: Silver, Gold and Space Grey
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The new 9.7-inch Apple iPad will be available in India starting April 2017 through Apple Authorised Resellers. It will cost Rs. 28,900 for the 32GB Wi-Fi variant and Rs. 39,900 for the 32GB Wi-Fi + Cellular version. The tablet comes in Silver, Gold and Space Grey color options. Polyurethane Smart Covers for the new iPad will be available for Rs. 3,700 in Charcoal Grey, White, Midnight Blue, Pink Sand and Red color options.
“iPad is the world’s most popular tablet. Customers love the large, 9.7-inch display for everything from watching TV and movies, to surfing the web, making FaceTime calls, and enjoying photos, and now it is even more affordable. New customers and anyone looking to upgrade will love this new iPad for use at home, in school, and for work, with its gorgeous Retina display, our powerful A9 chip, and access to the more than 1.3 million apps designed specifically for it,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
Stay tuned with us for more updates!
Also Read: New Apple MacBook Pro 2016 With Touch Bar Now Available In India: Price, Specifications & Features