Our phones get a lot of junk text messages on a daily basis. However, some of them carry important information. Read more to find How To Restore Deleted Messages On iPhone
Since we all get multiple junk texts everyday, it is normal to select multiple messages and delete them in one shot. However, you might loose some important messages, alongside junk and spam.
While there is not a standalone option on an iPhone to restore deleted messages in just one go, there are few ways to recover them. The iCloud integration stores backup of content including text messages.
How To Restore Deleted Messages On iPhone Via iCloud Backup
- Go to Settings and then tap on your Apple ID profile at the top.
- Next, open iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups
- Now, select the backup taken prior to the date when you deleted your text messages.
- Then, scroll down to find the Messages backup and check if shows some data.
- Now, reset your iPhone from Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Next, your iPhone will reboot and ask whether you want to recover from a backup. Select the correct backup from there.
- That’s it!
Note: This process only works if you have enabled Messages as a part of your iCloud backups.
Also, this process removes all the content and data stored. So, only proceed if your required data is in the backup file that contains your deleted messages.
Alternatiively, you can retrieve messages by logging into iCloud.com. You won’t need to erase all your content and data from your iPhone. Here’s how:
How To Restore Deleted Messages On iPhone Via iCloud.com
- Log in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID and password.
- Next, go to Text Messages and select the ones you want to restore.
- Then, turn off Messages backup by from the iCloud settings – go to Settings > Apple ID profile.
- Now, you will see the list of content backing up on iCloud. Simply tap Messages to turn text message backups off.
- Next, you will be prompted to download your text messages locally on your iPhone.
- Now, select Disable and Download Messages from the pop-up message.
- That’s it! All the existing messages will be downloaded.
Note: This process only works if your iPhone hasn’t been backed up on iCloud recently. Also, the Text Messages option will be only visible if you’ve turned on backups for your texts.
Additionally, Apple allows backups via iTunes or Finder. There are also third-party apps that allow restoration of deleted text messages on your iPhone.
We hope the above-mentioned article was helpful. Let us know in the comments section below.