WhatsApp has come under fire over privacy issues. Luckily, you can move to a more secure platform like Telegram or Signal. Read more to find How To Transfer WhatsApp Messages To Telegram
Moving from one device to another can be a painful experience. It also applies to shifting between messaging platforms.
Recently, a lot of issues were raised over WhatsApp’s privacy policies. This has led to users migrating toward platforms like Signal and Telegram.
Now Telegram has added a new feature to help you start fresh. Here’s how you can import chats from WhatsApp:
How To Transfer WhatsApp Messages To Telegram On Android Devices
- Update to the latest Telegram 7.4 Update
- Next, open a chat in WhatsApp and tap the three vertical dots on the top right corner
- Then, tap Export Chat > select Telegram in the Share menu
- Now, you’ll be asked to restore with or without media. Select the option as per your preference
- That’s it! You’d be able to see that particular WhatsApp chat on Telegram
The same method can be used to export group chats. However, there is no way to move them across in bulk. You can only move chats one by one.
How To Transfer WhatsApp Messages To Telegram On iOS Devices
- Open a chat in WhatsApp and tap the area right beside the profile picture of contact on the top
- Next, tap Export Chat > select Telegram in the Share menu
- That’s it!
Alternatively, you can go to the main chat screen of WhatsApp, swipe left on a chat, and then tap Export Chat.
Telegram claims that it will not occupy extra space on your smartphone. You can also optimize storage space and control cache size by tapping Data and Storage Usage tab in Settings.
The transferred messages will include original timestamps and come with a flag at the bottom that says ‘Imported‘.
We hope the above-mentioned article was helpful. Let us know in the comments section below,