XOLO launched a new octa core android smartphone, the Xolo 8X-1000 in India. It comes with a loaded specification sheet and great build quality. The device comes with a true octa core processor, 2 GB RAM and a 5″ 720p display with Gorilla Glass 3. On the software front, it comes with its very own HIVE UI which is a first custom android UI from an Indian manufacturer. Read on to find the detailed specifications, pricing and availability details.
- 5″ IPS LCD display with 1280x720p resolution (294 ppi density) with Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.4 GHz Mediatek true octa-core processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB Internal memory with MicroSD expansion slot
- 8 MP Primary camera with Exmor R sensor, AF, LED flash and 1080p video recording (f/2.0 aperture)
- 2 MP front facing camera
- Mali 450MP4 graphics processor unit
- 1920 mAh Li-Ion battery unit
- Proprietary HIVE UI on top of android 4.4.2 KitKat
HIVE UI Video Review
We already covered a detailed hands on review of the HIVE UI with all the features discussed in detail. Here is the video of the new HIVE UI in action.
Pricing and Availability
XOLO 8X-1000 with HIVE Inside will be priced at Rs. 13,999 and will be available across XOLO authorized retail outlets across India by mid of August 2014.
We had a brief hands on of the phone and we really liked the look and feel of the phone. The UI brings the kind of freshness which can easily differentiate from any other Android phone in the market. But with the competing phones like Mi 3 from Xiaomi (yes, I know its hard to get in India), Aclatel Idol X+ giving tough competition to the Xolo 8X-1000, it will be interesting to see how well the Hive UI loaded phone makes its place in the market. We will keep and eye on the developments and keep you updated, so make sure you sign up for our email newsletter here.