Apple is reportedly gearing up for the launch of Apple Watch in India. What makes us to believe it is the fact that the company has recently got the Apple Watch patented in India. We got some images of the patent application for the watch from our reliable source. Apple’s new patent application for the Apple Watch hints that the wearable will be launched in the country soon.
The Apple patent for India shows diagrams of band for electronic device, band accessory for electronic device and electronic device. The patent will give the company the right to exclude others from making, using or selling the patented product. Read on to find more information on specifications, shipping date and pricing details.
Apple’s Watch wearable was unveiled at the Spring Forward event in San Francisco in March 2015. It has been rolled out for in several countries already. The Apple wearable comes in three collections- Apple Watch Sport, Apple Watch and Apple Watch Edition; and in two different sizes, one is 38 mm and the other is 42 mm, making a total of about 35 variants.
Thanks to Aariz for sharing these pictures.
Key Features Of Apple Watch (International Markets)
- Apple Watch Sport features anodized aluminum case in silver and space gray color options with Retina display (with Ion-X glass). It comes with Sport Band in five colors.
- The Apple Watch comes with stainless steel and space black stainless steel cases, Retina display (with sapphire crystal) and three leather straps- stainless steel link bracelet and Milanese loop, and a black or white Sport Band.
- The Apple Watch Edition is the high-end model which features 18-karat gold alloys, Retina display (with sapphire crystal) and several designed straps to choose from.
- The Apple watch is compatible with iPhone 5 and later models running iOS 8.2. or later.
Price & Availability
There is no word on Indian pricing and availability of the Apple Watch. The wearable however is on sale in other countries and the prices for international markets are as follows:
- Sport model starts at price tag of $349 and ranges up to $399 depending on band.
- Apple Watch is priced at $549 and goes up to $1,099 depending on band.
- Apple Watch Edition with 18-karat gold alloys starts at $10,000.