Gionee the chinese manufacturer which lately arrived in India has been flooding the Indian market with their devices. Recently they had launched P1 the dual core budget Android and now its successor is already here. Gionee on August 27, 2013 launched the P2 which will be the successor of the P1 which was launched earlier in April. P2 will be having definitely some improvement over P1 but the SoC will be the same. Infact the camera is too the same. Gionee P2 has been designed to compete with the recently launched low budget Androids running Jelly Bean 4.2 that come for about 5k price range.
- 4.0-inch (480 x 800 pixels resolution) capacitive touch screen display
- 1.3GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6572 processor with Mali 400 GPU
- 512 MB RAM, 4GB of internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with microSD
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with Dual Standby
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- 5 MP rear camera with LED flash and 0.3MP (VGA) front-facing camera
- 3G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, micro USB
- 1700 mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
Gionee P2 will be available in black and white color options and is priced at Rs. 6499 on the leading online ecommerce websites. It shall be available in markets across the country by this week. Looking at the pricing this would compete with Lava Iris 402 that was launched recently with almost the same price and features but now it all depends on which one has a better build and that shall be a winner.