Samsung has finally launched its latest Note series smartphone, called the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, in India. The biggest highlight of Galaxy Note 7 is that it is the first smartphone from the company to come with an iris scanner. Besides, it also comes with a host of new and improved features. Scroll down to find more details.
As far as specifications are concerned, the Galaxy Note 7 packs a 64-bit octa-core Exynos 8890 processor paired with 4GB of RAM. It runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system and features a 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED curved dual edge display with 2560×1440 pixels resolution. The screen is protected against scratches by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Also onboard is 64GB of internal memory which can be further expanded up to 256GB using microSD card.
Coming to the camera department, the Note 7 sports a dual pixel 12 mega pixel primary camera with dual LED flash. There is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera for capturing selfies and making video calls. Fueled by a 3500mAh battery, it supports fast charging and wireless charging. It comes with a fingerprint sensor as well as an iris scanner that lets users unlock the phone using eye recognition.
On aesthetics front, it flaunts its 3D glass and metal design. It is IP68 certified for resistance against water and dust. Some other features include heart rate sensor and S Pen stylus. The S Pen stylus has been revamped and it comes with improved pressure sensitivity compared to the predecessor. The improved stylus has a smaller 0.7mm tip and is also water and dust resistant. The S Pen Stylus also comes with a several new features such as Smart Select that lets users create and share GIF animations; and Air Command functions for Magnify and Translate.
Specifications & Features Of Samsung Galaxy Note 7
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core Exynos 8890
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Curved dual edge (2560×1440 pixels resolution, 518ppi pixel density, Corning Gorilla Glass 5)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB (expandable up to 256GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: Dual Pixel 12 mega pixel with dual LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, Smart OIS, dual pixel PDAF,
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/1.7 aperture
- Battery: 3500mAh with fast charging
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC and USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 153.5×73.9×7.9 mm
- Weight: 169 grams
- Wireless charging
- Heart Rate Sensor, S Pen Stylus
- Fingerprint Sensor, Iris Scanner
Price & Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is priced at Rs. 59,900 with the 64 GB internal memory variant. It will be available in Blue Coral, Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium and Black Onyx color options.