Xiaomi has finally launched its much anticipated budget smartphone, dubbed the Xiaomi Redmi 3 in China. The phone flaunts its full-metal body with unique plaid or criss-cross pattern on the rear panel. It comes with a massive 4100mAh battery, measures 139.3×69.6×8.5mm and weighs 144 grams.
The Redmi 3 is powered by a 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor paired with Adreno 405 GPU and 2GB of RAM. Running Android Lollipop operating system wrapped under MIUI 7, it features a 5-inch HD IPS display with resolution of 1280×720 pixels.
On storage front, it houses 16GB of internal memory which can be expanded further up to 128GB via microSD card. The phone sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with dual LED flash, PDAF and f/2.0 aperture while there is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 and Bluetooth.
Specifications & Features Of Xiaomi Redmi 3
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 (quad 1.2GHz Cortex A53 + quad 1.5GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop with MIUI 7
- Display: 5-inch HD IPS (1280×720 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with dual LED flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 4100mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 and Bluetooth
- Dimensions: 139.3×69.6×8.5mm
- Weight: 144 grams
- Color Options: Gold, Grey and Silver
- Hybrid Dual SIM
Price & Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi 3 is priced at CNY 699 (Rs. 7,100) and will go on sale in China starting January 12. It will be available in Gold, Grey and Silver color options.There is no word on when the company plans to launch the phone in India.
Flaunting its decent specifications, all metal design and massive 4100mAh battery, Xiaomi’s latest budget smartphone, Redmi 3 will certainly give other smartphones available in the same price range, a run for their money.