Bharti Airtel (Airtel) has introduced new plans to improve the International Roaming (IR) experience. Users (including prepaid customers) will now be able to pre-book an IR pack and travel anytime. Read more to find about New Airtel International Roaming (IR) Plans
More and more Indians are now traveling abroad for work and leisure. This includes a lot of first-time travelers from tier 2 & tier 3 cities.
Airtel aims to tap the traveling Indians with its new International Roaming (IR) plans. The company claims that it is using technology and digital platforms to offer innovative new features and products to meet the emerging needs of different travelers.
Customers will now be able to pre-book an IR pack and travel anytime. This includes prepaid customers. New global packs have been introduced for the most traveled countries.
Additionally, you can use the Airtel Thanks app to track real-time and Enable/ Disable IR service with one click. Let’s take a closer look at new features and global packs:
Highlights and Features
- Real-Time Usage Tracking: Both postpaid and prepaid customers will now be able to track their international roaming pack usage real-time via the Airtel Thanks app
- No Unwanted Data Usage: Once the IR pack benefits are exhausted by the customer, data services would be stopped to avoid any unwanted charges due to over-usage. Customers can take another pack or a top-up, on the go via the Airtel Thanks app
- Enable / Disable IR Service with a single touch: Postpaid customers can now enable/ disable their IR service with just one click through the Airtel Thanks app
- Pre-Book IR Packs, Use Later: Prepaid customers can now purchase an IR pack up to 30 days prior to their actual date of travel. The pack validity will start only after they connect to an international mobile network. This feature is already available to Airtel Postpaid customers
- Global Packs: The company has developed new global packs for the most traveled countries. It will allow seamless travel across the world with just one pack
New Airtel International Roaming (IR) Plans
Travel Basics – Global Packs for prepaid customers –
- ₹ 1199: 1 GB Data, 100 Mins of Incoming & Outgoing Calls to India and host country, Unlimited Incoming SMS for 30 Days
- ₹ 799: 100 Mins of Incoming & Outgoing Calls to India and host country, Unlimited Incoming SMS for 30 Days
Travel Unlimited – Global Packs for prepaid and postpaid customers [Coming Soon]
- ₹ 4999: 1 GB / Day Data, Unlimited Incoming Calls, 500 Mins of outgoing calls to India and host country, Unlimited incoming SMS for 10 Days
Airtel claims that the telecommunication giant aims to offer hassle-free travel with the Airtel International Roaming Packs.
“We at Airtel obsess around customer experience. In the past few quarters, we worked on some of the biggest customer needs and pain-points around international travel and developed these innovative features,” said Shashwat Sharma, Chief Marketing & Brand Officer, Airtel.
“To ensure seamless access to these features, simple and intuitive journeys are available on Airtel Thanks app, which put complete control and power in the hands of the customers,” he added.
The company is targetting customers on a variety of trips including business trips, leisure trips (for couples or family), adventure trips (with friends), a solo getaway to off-beat locations, etc.
What do you think of the new Airtel International Roaming (IR) Plans Start At Rs 799? Share your views with us in the comments section below.