Nowadays, most jobs constitute sitting in front of a digital screen for long periods. This can have a harmful effect on your eyes. Read more to find How To Avoid Eye Strain When Using Computer For Long Periods
Staring at screens is quite stressful for the eyes in itself. Bad posture (display is either above or below eye level) and lighting (incorrect brightness and contrast levels) add to the problem.
The most-effective way of reducing eye strain is cutting out the Blue Light, especially if you are working under artificial light.
You can easily tweak setting your device. Let us show How To Avoid Eye Strain When Using Computer For Long Periods:
- Click the Apple logo on the top-left of the screen (it’s on the top bar)
- Now click Display
- Click the Night Shift tab
- Next, select the duration you want to cut out the blue light for
- That’s it
On Windows 10
- Open the Start Menu.
- Click the gear icon on the left side.
- Click System and then Display
- Now enable Night Light
- Next, adjust the schedule and colour temperature
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness.
- Now, tap Night Shift.
- Next, schedule it according to your preference and adjust the colour temperature
- Go to Settings > Display
- Now tap Night Light
- Next, set how long you want to cut out blue light and adjust the colour temperature
Note: This feature may not be available with on all versions of Android. It might also be renamed Night Mode, Reading Mode, Night Shield, Eye Care, etc.
Additionally, you can try the 20-20-20 rule to reduce eye strain. Essentially, after every 20 minutes of looking at the screen, look at an object that is at least 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
You can also consider buying gadgets with anti-glare screens or an anti-glare screen coating (worth Rs 1,000 – Rs 2,000). There is also an option to get a good pair of anti-glare glasses.
We hope the above-mentioned tips helped you reduce eye strain. Share your views with us in the comments section below.