Canon Technical Excellence Centre, C-TEC situated at sector 63, Noida is a one-off learning, training and demonstration centre for all Canon products from cameras to printers, copiers and projectors. Their training technique uses electronic, mechanical and software-based activities to simulate a real-world situation.
C-TEC follows Kyosei philosophy, “living and working together for the common good” which was inaugurated in Dec 2016 by Mr. Kazutada Kobayashi, President & CEO Canon India.
The Canon Technical Excellence Center (CTEC) spreads across 40,000 sq. ft. area having 5 floors, carved with 5 tools CTEC focuses on:
- Learning-C-TEC is the learning hub and used for conducting technical trainings, demonstrations, product testing and simulation. Partner, as well as Canon engineers, can enhance their technical skills from very basic to vastly innovative creation. C-TEC conducts 5k-6k of man-hours training every year covering more than 1500 engineers nationally. Engineers learn without the rest so that they turn out the best.
- Invention – With DreamLabo a viable alternative to silver halide technology, Canon brings in an innovative idea which is not just about colour and output but about recreating memories in a way that they remain alive for a lifetime, The spectacular HD printing can make one bring back and cherish those moments
- Rejuvenation – Refreshing the old leading to regeneration, driven by the philosophy of Kyosei, Canon always endeavour to rejuvenate the environment. At CTEC Canon ensures that all the recyclable items are reused efficiently and non-recyclable items are scrapped in an environment-friendly was, as per statutory requirements.
- Expertise– CTEC is a hub for repairs of high-end cameras which demands qualified engineers. This facility in houses one of the best dark rooms in Asia measuring 33m in length and covering an area of 2192 sq feet. Lens adjustment of Up to 800mm along with all the tools as recommended by Canon Ink which results in high precision repairs work. Canon Technical Excellence Center compliments the goal of delighting you always with its skill and expertise.
- Responsibility: CTEC takes vital steps towards nurturing the environment and immensely supports sustainable development as the rooftop is labelled as Social Responsibility. In order to conserve energy, this floor has a series of solar panels installed. Investment has also been made for RO plants for water purification, thus playing an important part in sustainable development.
Going through each floor, the basement is used for Rejuvenation as printing machines are brought back from the field for refurbishing and repairs. In case the machines which are irreparable, they are recycled or scraped as per the government norms of e-waste disposal.
The ground floor is used for Product Demonstration. This section has HD Photo Zone where high-end commercial products like Dream Labo5000, OCE & IPF Pro Printer are kept for training & demonstration purposes.. This floor also has Toner Refilling Plant which includes a high-tech compression Plant in order to maintain air quality and where toner cartridges are being refilled.
The Training Center is on the first floor, where training are being organized for Service Engineers, DC & IDC Partners, Engineer & Managers. They also have, Level 3 technical help desk for technical and software support.
On the next floor, is in-house Repair Center. This is where Inkjet and laser printers (warranty or Damage on Arrival cases) and defective PCBs are repaired. The spare parts are re-engineered and reused as well. The parts which cannot be reused are recycled or disposed of as per government norms.
There is a separate Camera Service Repair Center & Product specification trainings, new product trainings being given on this floor. This section repairs the entire range of Canon DSLR, lenses, projector and broadcasting cameras of North India.
The topmost floor of CTEC or the rooftop is rightly labelled as Social Responsibility. In order to conserve energy, this floor has a series of solar panels installed on the rooftop. Investment has also been made for RO plants for water purification, thus playing an important part in sustainable development.
C-TEC not only improves and synergizes service network by aggregating all product trainings but also helps reduce overall operation cost by up to 42 percent.