Facebook is currently testing a new Facebook News feature. It will allow users to control the stories they see. Also, you will be able to explore a wider news interests within the Facebook app. Read more to find about Dedicated Facebook News Feed
Facebook News will offer a wide range of content across four categories – general, topical, diverse and local news. Other categories (such as entertainment, health, business, and sports) are expected to be added later.
The new feature also highlights the most relevant national stories of the day. Video capabilities will be added in early 2020. Facebook News articles will continue to appear in the News Feed.
Facebook said that it will take to rely on machine learning alone to provide a quality news destination, and aims to serve both people and news publishers. It will continue to expand the algorithmic selection of stories driving the majority of Facebook News.
- Today’s Stories chosen by a team of journalists to catch you up on the news throughout the day
- Personalization based on the news you read, share and follow, so you can find new interests and topics and Facebook News is fresh and interesting every time you open it
- Topic sections to dive deeper into business, entertainment, health, science & tech, and sports
- Your Subscriptions, a section for people who have linked their paid news subscriptions to their Facebook account
- Controls to hide articles, topics and publishers you don’t want to see
During the initial phase, Facebook News will offer local original reporting by surfacing local publications from the major metro areas across the US.
Initial locations include New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Philadelphia, Houston, Washington DC, Miami, Atlanta, and Boston.
The social media giant is also planning to add local news from Today In, its local news and community information tab.
As of now, there is no information about the timeline for Indian availability.
What do you think of the new facebook update? Share your views with us in the comments section below.