A hard reset is a great option to get rid of bugs or unnecessary data. Let us share simple steps for this process on a Windows 11 PC. Read more to find out about How To Factory Reset Windows 11 PC From Recovery Settings
After a long usage duration, a PC or laptop is bound to slow down. This can also happen due to damaged software or a malware problem. A reset is a great option for solving this problem.
It is to be noted that the “factory reset” implies restoring a device to the original state the manufacturer sold it. It will remove your installed programs, settings, and personal files.
Since this process wipes your data, please take a backup. You can use this feature before you hand over your laptop/ PC to someone else.
There are multiple ways to use this option. Essentially head over to the Recovery Section of System Settings. Additionally, please make sure you have administrator-level access.
How To Factory Reset Windows 11 PC From Recovery Settings
- Open Start > Settings > System > Recovery.
- Next, go to Recovery options > Reset this PC > Reset PC button.
- Now, Windows 11 will give you two reset options – Keep my files and Remove everything. You can also restore/ remove all preinstalled apps by selecting Keep my files > Change settings > Preinstalled apps > On/ Off. Choosing either option.
- Then, select Cloud download or Local reinstall.
- Now, the Additional settings will summarize the reinstallation settings chosen. You can select Change Settings for the option to delete all your files and clean the drive, too.
- Next, you can choose between reinstalling both Windows and its stock apps. The Download and Reinstall Windows option is a clean install.
- Now, select Confirm to go back to the Additional settings screen.
- Then, press Next > Reset to begin the process.
- A progress indicator will indicate that the process has begun.
- That’s it! The Windows will start again.
NOTE: Cleaning the drive and reintall process can take hours.
We hope the above-mentioned article was helpful. Let us know in the comments section below.