Instagram seems to be done with the popular ‘Swipe Up’ option. Now, users can just add a link to their story. Read more to find How to Add Links To Instagram Stories Without Swipe Up
Instagram has gone from a photo-sharing platform to a powerful means for brand engagement (both personal and professional).
Additionally, for a large population, the social media platform is emerging as a quick way to share news articles and stories worth mentioning. Instagram has finally streamlined this.
Now, the facebook-owned platform has added an option to share links to your work or articles anywhere in the Instagram Story.
The new feature is aimed to help creators/ influencers as their followers can quickly go and visit their work online, promote other brands, or advertise products.
Earlier, Instagram offered the ‘Swipe Up’ option for adding links to Instagram Stories but Alternatively, you could add a clickable link in your bio.
How to Add Links To Instagram Stories Without Swipe Up
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone and swipe left to upload an Instagram Story
- Now, add your photo or video and edit it as you like
- Once done, swipe up to open the editing tray and look for a Link option (a chain icon). It should show up right next to Poll
- Then, click on it and paste the URL you want to share with your followers
- Now, a portion of the link will show up which you can move the sticker to any part of the Instagram Story
- Next, share your story by clicking on the Share to option and make it live
- That’s it! The link will be clickable for everyone who views your Instagram Story
Note: The new feature might not be available to all users as Instagram wants to prevent misinformation. A portion of the link will show up in the sticker on your story to make followers aware of it before clicking.
Apparently, users with more than 10,000 followers or a verified account or representing an established brand will most likely be allowed to add links to the Instagram Stories.
We hope the above-mentioned article was helpful. Let us know in the comments section below.