Facebook is still an essential part of our digital lives. It is important to take as many privacy measures as you can. Read more to find How To Lock Your Facebook Profile From Desktop
Your Facebook profile contains a lot of personal information. Now, you can easily protect your Facebook account against misuse by locking your profile. The social media giant allows you to lock your profile and stop unknown people from getting your personal info.
Once your profile is locked, only a limited view of the profile is available to people who are not on your Facebook friends list. This includes photos/ posts on the timeline, profile pictures, cover photos, stories, and new posts. Even your ‘Public’ posts will not be public anymore.
While the new locking feature is limited to the Android app, you can use a simple workaround on the desktop version of Facebook. This workaround also works for iOS users. Here’s how:
How To Lock Your Facebook Profile From Desktop
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/
- Then, click on your profile icon In the URL and replace ‘www‘ with ‘m‘ to reads as ‘m.facebook.com/yourprofilename‘
- Now, you see a mobile version of Facebook on your desktop browser.
- Next, clock on the three-dot menu next to the Edit Profile option
- Then, select the Lock Profile option.
- Now, you will see the next page with an option to Lock Your Profile at the bottom. Simply click on it.
- That’s it! You’re profile is now locked.
You can easily unlock your Facebook profile, as you will see an Unlock Profile option in place of the Lock Profile option. Simply tap on it and hit Unlock on the next screen. Next, you will see a brief and an option to Unlock Your Profile at the bottom.
We hope the above-mentioned article was helpful. Let us know in the comments section below,