Facebook has added a new feature to Messenger Rooms. It allows users to broadcast live video calls with up to 50 people. Read more to find How To Broadcast Facebook Messenger Rooms Video Calls
Due to the ongoing pandemic, Facebook has been adding multiple new tools and features for video conferencing services.
Now, the social media giant has rolled out a new feature that allows users to broadcast live a video call on any Profile, Page, Group. You will be able to add up to 50 people.
Facebook claims that users can invite people to join “Messenger Rooms” for group video calls, and then broadcast the room live on any profile, page, or group on the platform. Here’s how:
How To Broadcast Facebook Messenger Rooms Video Calls
- Start a Messenger Rooms video conference by inviting people
- After all the people join in, start the meeting and click on the ‘Live’ button located on the bottom right corner
- Select the place of broadcasting the video (Facebook feed, page, group, etc)
- Wait for the participants to confirm or leave the room. Moderators can also remove the participant
- After all participants agree, click on the ‘Start’ button
- Once the broadcast is complete, click on the ‘live’ button to end
Note: You can send an invite to anyone. They don’t need to have a Facebook account to join.
Since many people are working from home, most technology companies started rolling out video calling features to compete with the popularity of apps like Zoom.
Facebook claims that Live broadcasts from Facebook pages have doubled in June. This can be a direct result of ongoing lockdown and social distancing measures around the world.
The social media giant plans to add features that would allow the Rooms creators to decide whether to limit the ability to share screen to themselves or allow all participants to do the same.
Recently, Facebook was also reported to be working on integrating the Messenger with WhatsApp. This will allow users to connect with users on both apps.
We hope the above-mentioned tips were helpful. Please share your views with us in the comments section below.