Currently, Signal and Telegram are the most popular options for secure and encrypted messaging platforms.
However, before you switch to the new chatting app for more privacy, you need to to ditch WhatsApp for good. Let us help you completely delete your WhatsApp account.
How To Delete Your WhatsApp Account Completely
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone
- Now, tap on the three dots icon in the top right corner
- Next, you will see a small menu of options
- Choose Settings from the dropdown menu
- Then, enter the Account section of the settings menu, locate the Delete my account option, and tap on it
- Now, enter your phone number and tap the red Delete my account button
- Next, indicate why you are deleting your account from the dropdown menu
- Then, tap the red Delete my account button
- Now, tap the red Delete my account button one final time
- That’s it!
The whole process is quite simple, however, you have to confirm few times that you really want to delete your WhatsApp account.
Note: Once your account is gone, you won’t get this account back in the future. It is gone for good.
You can’t delete your WhatsApp account using the web app. You will have to use your smartphone to do it.
Recently, WhatsApp introduced a new security feature for its Web and Desktop client. It requires biometric authentication when linking a new session to a device.
However, even with all the precautions, WhatsApp isn’t completely secure. To further feel secure, you can move to more secure communication apps like Signal or Telegram.
Still, for regular use, WhatsApp’s security protocols are good enough. Simply update the WhatsApp app regularly and use the above-mentioned security precautions.
We hope the above-mentioned tips were helpful. Please share your views with us in the comments section below.