Xiaomi has launched its latest smartphone, called the Xiaomi Redmi 3s, in China. It is a refreshed variant of Redmi 3 and comes with similar set of specifications.
As for specifications, the Redmi 3s is powered by a 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor paired with Adreno 505 GPU. It features a 5-inch HD display with 1280×720 pixels resolution. The phone runs Android operating system with MIUI 7 running on its top.
Based on RAM and storage, the Redmi 3s comes in two variants- one with 2GB RAM+16GB storage while other variant packs 3GB RAM+32GB storage. Both variants of the device support expandable storage up to 128GB using microSD card.
On camera front, the Redmi 3s sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash and PDAF while there is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera. Backed up by a 4100mAh battery, it measures 139.3×69.6×8.5 mm and weighs 144 grams. The phone also features a fingerprint sensor for additional security.
Specifications & Features Of Xiaomi Redmi 3s
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Operating System: Android with MIUI 7
- Display: 5-inch HD IPS (1280×720 pixels resolution)
- RAM+Storage: 2GB RAM+16GB storage / 3GB RAM+32GB storage (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with LED flash, PDAF and f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 4100mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 139.3×69.6×8.5 mm
- Weight: 144 grams
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi 3s is priced at CNY 699 (approximately Rs.7,100) for 2GB RAM+16GB storage variant and CNY 899 (approximately Rs. 9,100) for 3GB RAM+32GB storage variant. It will go on sale in China starting June 16, 2016 via mi.com. There is no word on global pricing and availability of the phone as of now.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mi 5 Launched In India At Rs. 24,999